[2014-07-24]First flight of the drone in Humain
Last week Antonio made the first tests with flying the drone in Humain. You can see some pictures below. From left to right, (a) the drone flying (OptoKopter with 8 rotors, the cardboard is clearly visible below the drone), (b) the drone flying near the solar antenna, (c) the drone flying above 2 antennas of our interferometer in Humain
The two pictures below show the remote control system of the drone as well as the box containing the transmitter that we will use as payload (as well as a battery).
[2014-04-08]BRAMS annual meeting at MIRA observatory on 05/04/2014
- Status of the BRAMS activities & online tool for manual counts (H. Lamy)
- Analysis of the noise in spectrograms (H. Lamy)
- Essai de détection automatique d'échos de météores au moyen de techniques de traitement d'images (P. Ernotte)
- Comparison between manual & automatic counts (S. Calders)
- Calibrator for BRAMS (M. Anciaux)
- Directional patterns of the antennas : simulations and future in-situ measurements with an UAV (A. Martinez)
- The FRIPON network (Jean-Louis Rault)
[2014-02-06]BRAMS beacon off between 10:00 and 10:37 AM this morning
We also found a place to install the FRIPON camera in the future.
[2014-02-05]Next annual BRAMS meeting
[2014-02-03]Workshop FRIPON/BRAMS at BISA
The afternoon was devoted to radar observations. The status and recent developments of BRAMS were presented. The presentation can be downloaded here. Jean-Louis Rault finally presented a comparison of meteor observations with analog and digital (SDR) receivers. You can also download his presentation.
The goal of the workshop was to discuss about the complementarity of the BRAMS and FRIPON networks and to see how FRIPON can be extended to Belgium. It has been decided to add a few fish-eye cameras in Belgium under the responsability of BISA. The first camera will be located in Uccle. Other places will be University of Liège and Centre de Géophysique du Globe in Dourbes.